Hello! Mathieu Othacehe skribis: > That sounds like a nice idea! I guess we can discuss it more deeply > during Guix Days, but here are a few thoughts: > > * Testing from a VM won't cover HW issues with undetected wifi networks > and kmscon rendering issues, but could cover most partitioning issues. Yeah, but for that we need manual testing, there’s no other option. > * This kind of client/server protocol would make even easier to > switch to a gtk graphical installer. Well, if we replace the explicit Newt calls with a higher-level interface, yes. Besides, the protocol may prove useful for accessibility because it provides semantics. > * Before the next release, it would be nice to fix the "installer always > fail when restarted" issue than has been bitten lots of people. Yes! I’ve pushed ‘wip-installer-test’, which implements said protocol. See screenshot below! :-) What’s left to do now is to write an actual test that uses it. Speaking of which, does anyone know if there’s a way to share a Unix-domain socket between a QEMU guest and its host? (Over 9p?) Thanks, Ludo’.