* Outreachy 2020-2021 round participation
@ 2020-09-02 10:44 Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2020-09-02 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Guix is now signed up to participate in this round of Outreachy.

Important information for prospective applicants: initial application
deadline is 20th Sept. 2020 at 1600UTC.

Important information for prospective mentors: the proposal submission
deadline is 24th Sept. 2020 at 1600UTC. If you submitted a proposal for a
previous round, and no intern was accepted for the proposal and you are
still willing to mentor that project, then the proposal should be
resubmitted for this round. If you have a new idea, please feel free to
start a discussion thread on guix-devel, so that we can find out if that is
a good candidate for Outreachy and we can refine the proposal. Please tag
discussion threads with [OUTREACHY] on the subject line, so that my mail
filters can pick them up. Thanks.

Best regards,
g_bor

* Re: Outreachy 2020-2021 round participation
@ 2020-09-07  9:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-09-07  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> skribis:

> Guix is now signed up to participate in this round of Outreachy.
>
> Important information for prospective applicants: initial application
> deadline is 20th Sept. 2020 at 1600UTC.

Yay, thank you!

> Important information for prospective mentors: the proposal submission
> deadline is 24th Sept. 2020 at 1600UTC. If you submitted a proposal for a
> previous round, and no intern was accepted for the proposal and you are
> still willing to mentor that project, then the proposal should be
> resubmitted for this round. If you have a new idea, please feel free to
> start a discussion thread on guix-devel, so that we can find out if that is
> a good candidate for Outreachy and we can refine the proposal. Please tag
> discussion threads with [OUTREACHY] on the subject line, so that my mail
> filters can pick them up. Thanks.

If this round’s mentors and interns have something to share about their
experience, good or bad, now’s a good time!