Christopher Baines writes: > This has been on my mind for a while, as I wonder what effect it has on > users fetching substitues. > > The narinfo caching as I understand it works as follows: > > Default success TTL => 36 hours > Negative TTL => 1 hour > Transient error TTL => 10 minutes > > I'm ignoring the success TTL, I'm just interested in the negative and > transient error values. Negative means that when a server says it > doesn't have an output, that response will be cached for an > hour. Transient errors are for other HTTP response codes, like 504. > > I had a look through the Git history, caching negative lookups has been > a thing for a while. Caching transient errors was added, but I couldn't > see why. > > Personally I don't see a reason to keep either behaviours? I've now sent a patch to remove this behaviour: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47897