Hi Bone, Bone Baboon 写道: > Will Guix continue to use Freenode? No. #guix is now on Libera Chat[0], the new name of what was ‘Freenode’ before yesterday's hostile takeover of the freenode.net infra. I updated the docs and the Web site yesterday. It probably took a while to refresh. Many thanks to Taylan for grabbing Libera's #guix before squatters could and for giving us administrative access. I've applied for more official ‘project’ status like we had at old Freenode. The old #guix channel still exists. Users will see the new network name advertised in the /topic and ENTRYMSG if supported by their client, but I don't plan on ‘closing’ it unless it becomes a problem somehow. > Will Guix create #guix channels on other IRC networks? (Several > of the > resignation letters refer to ) Over the years multiple authors of those letters have been extremely helpful, responsive, and downright friendly to me whenever I bothered them with my noob questions. It never felt like I was talking to overworked volunteers. I didn't hesitate for a moment to trust their judgment. > Will Guix start it's own IRC server(s)? François is right: starting and running an IRC server is a serious commitment, not something you do on Sundays. Leave it to competent people who are passionate about doing their thing well. Don't get me wrong: I <3 self-hosting. Perhaps we can host one of the mentioned IRC alternatives, but I urge anyone volunteering: bridge it with IRC so's not to split the community further. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://libera.chat/