Tanguy LE CARROUR skribis: > Excerpts from Guillaume Le Vaillant's message of November 8, 2021 10:26 am: >> Tanguy LE CARROUR skribis: >>> I've just started working on packaging Python 3.10 and realized >>> that Guix's default version for Python is still 3.8. >>> >>> What would be the proper way to make 3.9 the default version? >>> Do I "just" have to submit a patch that rename the related packages? >> >> Python 3.9 is already the default version on the core-updates-frozen >> branch. After it is merged in master, a python-next package can be added >> for Python 3.10. > > Great! Thanks and… sorry for the noise! ^_^' > I'll wait for the release then, and keep on working on 3.10. > > Just to make sure I don't ask any other stupid questions in the future, > where am I supposed to get this information from? I mean, I checked > `guix-devel` before posting, but could not find any mention to this topic. > > Thanks again, I tested and fixed a few things on the core-updates-frozen branch, and this is how I saw that Python 3.9 was the default. I don't remember if there was some discussion about this on the bug-guix or guix-patches mailing lists. There is also the guix-commits mailing list that shows all that happens in the repository, but it's pretty high volume.