Hi Fabio and everyone, Fabio Natali writes: > On 2024-03-02, 10:41 +0300, Oleg Pykhalov wrote: >> I also lost some time due to this incorrect statement. > > Brilliant, thanks Felix and Oleg. > > FWIW, micro-patch submitted here⁰. > > Let's see what the patch reviewer thinks. I'm not terribly happy about > "downgrading" the manual's recommendation from LUKS2 to LUKS1, but if > LUKS2 is really not supported, then of course that needs to be reflected > in the docs. > > Best wishes, Fabio. > > > ⁰ Ticket 69507 on debbugs.gnu.org. I wanted to link to the relevant page > on https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2024-03/index.html > but it seem it's taking a while for the mail to pass moderation. The reason why it hasn't been spelled out in the manual is because I thought that we could simply upgrade to Grub 2.12, which would solve the issue as it supports LUKS2 properly. I have a patch locally upgrading Grub, but it's not in upstreaming shape yet and I haven't had much time to work on it recently. I am running it though, and it's working quite well. Would anyone be interested in cleaning it up and sending it upstream? Best, -- Josselin Poiret