unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* ci.guix.gnu.org homepage is down
@ 2024-06-27  5:58 Ada Stevenson
From: Ada Stevenson @ 2024-06-27  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guix,

I just wanted to send an email out to let people know that the homepage
of CI, ci.guix.gnu.org, is down. It returns a 504 Gateway Timeout error.

I was looking to see what was causing the build failure of
linux-libre@6.9.6, which is when I found I couldn't access it still. I
had tried two days ago to access it too, and it had the same error then.

Hopefully the sysadmins can look into this! Thank you for all the work
you put into making sure things work behind the scenes :-)

Warmly,
Ada

* Re: ci.guix.gnu.org homepage is down
@ 2024-06-27 13:33 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2024-06-27 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ada Stevenson; +Cc: Guix Devel

Hi Ada,

Ada Stevenson <adanskana@gmail.com> skribis:

> I just wanted to send an email out to let people know that the
> homepage of CI, ci.guix.gnu.org, is down. It returns a 504 Gateway
> Timeout error.

Thanks for the heads-up!  We’ve been aware of this for a few days, with
some discussions on guix-sysadmin (problem is that the SQL query for the
front page suddenly became very slow, so we need to figure out how to
fix that; maybe a discussion we should continue here actually?).

> I was looking to see what was causing the build failure of
> linux-libre@6.9.6, which is when I found I couldn't access it still. I
> had tried two days ago to access it too, and it had the same error
> then.

Good news is that other pages usually work well (and the service keeps
building stuff).  For instance, you can browse this one:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/master

Hopefully that’ll allow you to diagnose build issues you encountered.

Thanks,
Ludo’.