unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* patch a file which is created while a phase is running which otherwise fails?
@ 2016-09-27 17:52 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-09-27 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

How can I achieve this?

For multiple packages I have this happens:

Application setup launches into configure or build phase, some script
creates a file where the creation process can not be located easily
asuming that a "#! /bin/sh" as shebang and/or "/bin/sh" as executable
somewhere in the file will just work and our build system says "¡No
pasarán!"...

So I was thinking, Guile is flexible, it should be achievable to have
something which wraps itself around the phase and for a new file it just
patches in what you throw at it in advance. Of course I'm open for
whatever works before we get to this.

Examples I can think off my head are the mach buildsystem used by the
firefox deriviate palemoon, pike (as far as I know, been some time since
I made progress on this one).

Thanks
--
              ng0

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-09-27 17:52 UTC | newest]