Dear Guix, I'd like to change the way the symlinks to custom profiles are created. Here's what currently happens: $ guixr package -i hello -p guix-profiles/test $ ls -l guix-profiles lrwxrwxrwx. 1 user group 25 Jul 3 19:53 test -> guix-profiles/test-1-link lrwxrwxrwx. 1 user group 51 Jul 3 19:53 test-1-link -> /gnu/store/...6qbaps-profile Now, that symlink is broken. Instead, I'd like to have it always use absolute paths: $ guixr package -i hello -p guix-profiles/test $ ls -l guix-profiles lrwxrwxrwx 1 roel users 36 3 jul 19:56 test -> /home/user/guix-profiles/test-1-link lrwxrwxrwx 1 roel users 51 3 jul 19:56 test-1-link -> /gnu/store/...6qbaps-profile This symlink isn't broken. In this patch I implemented this behavior by modifying canonicalize-profile to return an absolute path when it's not “~/.guix-profile”. I hope we can merge this, or a similar solution so that creating profiles in custom locations is a little more robust. Kind regards, Roel Janssen