Ludo', Ludovic Courtès 写道: > First, note that the daemon is unaware of “packages”, it only > knows > about “derivations”. Derivations have a (file) name, which can be matched with a regex allowing one to, say, ‘pause libreoffice’. It works in practice. I do this often & it's *extremely* convenient. Sometimes even necessary, because I have a habit of starting too many builds ;-) It's nice not to lose 6h of work. Not every handy hack needs to be upstreamed though. ‘It's fugly’ is a strong argument in Guixland, and I like that. However, this is FUD: > Last, you’d need to send SIGTSTP to the whole process group of > the > build, like so (I think, haven’t tried): > > sudo kill -TSTP -123 > > where 123 is the “SessionPID” shown by ‘guix processes’. > However, doing > so may affect build results: processes in the build environment > might > handle SIGTSTP specially, which can have side effects. It’s an > observable action. Kind regards, T G-R, now thinking about acronyms like ‘CRIU’ and what a next-level hack would look like...