Hi L[ée]o, Wow, Léo. You've done some seriously impressive CVE squashing in such a short timespan, and I'm very grateful to have you on board. Leo Famulari 写道: > I do agree that updating this program 5 versions in a graft was > perhaps > too much. > > We should always try to cherry-pick bug-fix patches when > grafting. > Otherwise the risk of breakage is too high. I agree. Whilst grafts are indispensible for timely deployment of security patches, they're also a dirty hack composed entirely of rough edges. They exist for one purpose: patch out known vulnerabilities. Every extra change not strictly required for security is a liability. We sometimes get away with grafting entire releases (OpenSSL comes to mind), but this is not an ideal to emulate. > At least, these types of patches should be reviewed on > guix-patches. > Léo, can you send them to guix-patches in the future? I have the same request :-) Please submit non-trivial patches for review (and, unfortunately, grafts are hardly ever trivial). This isn't a comment on your work; it's our standard way of doing things. I know we're not the #1 bestest project when it comes to the swift review of patches. I understand the sense of urgency in fixing things that one feels should have been fixed long ago. Thank you for helping us to improve on both points. Kind regards, T G-R