Hi Felix, Felix Lechner writes: > I do not suffer from the issue described here but rewrote the bootloader > code locally for more flexibility (and may be able to contribute > it). Could we simply move the reference to keyboard-layout-config here > up by a few lines? [1] We could move it up and that would solve it for people not using encrypted /boot I believe. However, for people using encrypted /boot, the keymap would never be loaded instead of loaded after unlocking the volume. The solution for that is to embed the keymap in the GRUB image, so that it can always be found. I believe we don't use grub-mkimage directly for the efi case for now, which is the command we want to use to be able to include arbitrary files in the image, hence my comment about the code needing some refactoring. Best, -- Josselin Poiret