On Sun, 2021-04-04 at 16:14 -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > Maxime Devo wrote: > > * In some places we have the following pattern: > > > > [...] > I don't understand this. Why would it need to be made unconditional? I don't understand either anymore. > [...] > > At the present time, I'm more inclined to add machinery to automatically > add _implicit_ #:disallowed-references, to enforce this checking at > package build time. This would require rebuilding everything that > depends on a '*/stable' package, which means that this kind of tooling > could not be applied directly to 'master', but would need to go through > 'staging'. That seems good to me. I believe the current plan is: * Add a 'stable' property to the gtk-doc/stable, dblatex/stable ... packages. * Change gnu-build-system, glib-or-gtk-build-system ... to implicitely add packages in inputs, propagated-inputs or native-inputs that have the 'stable' property to #:disallowed-references, unless the package that is being built is a 'stable' package itself. And an idea for the future is: * Implicitely add all packages in native-inputs to #:disallowed-references, unless they are in inputs or propagated-inputs as well. * Verify everything still works well (when cross-compiling and when compiling natively), and fix breakage. Greetings, Maxime.