Hello! The GNU Hackers Meeting (GHM) took place last week, with ~50 people including 4 Guix hackers (less than at FOSDEM!). I found myself talking 3 times (!) about Guix, hoping the audience would not saturate. ;-) https://www.gnu.org/ghm/program.html Slides online, and hopefully videos will follow: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/help/#talks The first talk was the usual status update in which I also talked about challenges that we face to scale up, how we address them and what remains to be done. On that topic, I had an interesting discussion with Nicolas Petton of Emacs about patch tracking. Nicolas explained that Gitlab (free software) doesn’t have some of the technical defects that GitHub has; in particular it can rebase instead of merging, thereby helping preserve a linear history, and it can be dealt with “mostly” by email. Perhaps we could try running an instance and see what it’s like. For the second talk, I replaced Mathieu who could not make it to the event. Essentially, I demoed most of the guix.el features described in the manual, and expressed all my gratitude to Alex. ;-) For the last talk, I rehashed the basics since the audience wasn’t too familiar I suppose, and then wrote a GuixSD service for OpenSSH’s ‘sshd’ (attached). Hopefully a useful starting point and tutorial. That’s it! Ludo’.