Ricardo Wurmus writes: > I’m aware. I lived with the firewall for ~7 years and would like to > make sure that people who are subjected to the firewall can use Guix > without being restricted. Alas, why does this happen everywhere in this decade... >> We hope there's a way like rsync to sync /gnu/store with upstream, so >> that we can provide a faster cache for Chinese users. > > I think it may be best to just sync the cache of nars and narinfos. Yes it's better to just sync the necessary parts. > Would rsync over SSH be sufficient or does it have to be rsyncd on the > default rsync port? (SSH will be easier for me because then I don’t > need to apply for another port to be opened at the institute firewall.) I think SSH will be interfered frequently by the firewall, because many people use SSH for anti-circumvention. It's better to use rsyncd. Considering there's verification, so the encryption is unnecessary. > I’ve also been looking into our options for restricting rsync access via > chroot or namespaces. Looks like the easiest way to do this is to have > an rsync user account that is restricted to a chroot with access to the > nar cache. I think it can be configured as anonymouse read-only authority. And open the necessary directories. Best regards. -- GNU Powered it GPL Protected it GOD Blessed it HFG - NalaGinrut Fingerprint F53B 4C56 95B5 E4D5 6093 4324 8469 6772 846A 0058