Jan writes: > On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 17:37:10 +0100 > Marius Bakke wrote: > >> I did not find any cURL or GnuTLS patches there. Maybe I >> misunderstood something? > > Gnutls is a dependency of Jami, curl is probably a dependency of a > dependency of Jami, but that's all - what is important here is that > Jami uses a modified version of pjproject, which adds support for > gnutls - that's why patching fails. What happened with curl is a > mystery for me, the only thing I know is that building curl had failed > before building pjproject-jami, so I thought the patching process > succeeded. But since it works now, it doesn't matter (at least for me). OK, thanks for the explanation. >> There are many reasons not to include multiple versions of a package, >> but for cURL and GnuTLS in particular, the main reason is that there >> are security fixes in nearly every new version. Thus, we can only >> support the latest one. > > Okay, I'll try using the latest packages for Jami then. Excellent, good luck and don't hesitate to come back if you have other questions! :-)