Leo Famulari writes: > On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 04:50:12PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote: >> This is a hack to make (some) fonts working when users don't have fonts >> specified in their system configuration, and (crucially) places where >> the fontconfig cache may be unavailable such as 'guix pack's. >> >> I'm not sure whether font-dejavu is a good replacement here. Another >> approach could be to convert gs-fonts to TrueType or OpenType format. >> >> Thoughts? I don't know much about fonts and would appreciate feedback. > > I think you should push right away, assuming that it helps and doesn't > rebuild the world. I pushed the patch as ab9de8cfb0525ef43668712ac898707f97f9a620. I verified that it fixes the immediate problem with fonts in the Guix manual (#41282) as well as 'guix pack' (#41344). It should also provide a decent fallback for cases where the user did not explicitly install any fonts such as in #41241. Hoping for angry reports now about why such a poor replacement font was chosen. ;-)