zimoun writes: >> I just had a cursory look, and my main concern is that maybe exposing >> commands is one more thing to learn for the user, and one more step to >> run to get a simple file. >> >> Instead, what about doing what system profiles already do with >> >> /run/current-system/channels.scm >> /run/current-system/configuration.scm >> >> and store the result of the proposed commands directly in >> $PROFILE/channels.scm and $PROFILE/manifest-spec.scm, on each profile >> upgrade? > > If I understand correctly, Pierre, you are proposing 2 things: 1) only > one command and 2) export by default in $PROFILE. Right? > > Yeah, sounds a good idea to me. Even if #2 seems a bit of re-work for > the patch set. :-) Sorry, misunderstanding :) I'm proposing: 1) Zero command :p 2) On every profile modification (install, upgrade, removal), store the channel description and the manifest specification (as produced by this patch commands) to $GUIX_PROFILE/channels.scm and $GUIX_PROFILE/manifest-spec.scm, respectively. ($GUIX_PROFILE being the target profile, of course.) Does that make more sense? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/