Hi, I've rebased wip-ppc64le again just now onto the latest core-updates. There were no conflicts. Because I committed 5d2863dfe4613d5091e61800fcd5a48922c8ce4e and 001fc29b43fd0beb365d536774fae96624309413 directly to core-updates before rebasing, I removed some similar commits from wip-ppc64le that are no longer needed. The rest is the same as before. Ludovic Courtès writes: > We’ll have to think about merging. At things stand, it seems that the > bits that could go to ‘master’ (those that don’t trigger a world > rebuild) are already there, right? > > For the rest, we could aim for rebasing on core-updates and merging > there. Essentially, yes. The current plan is to periodically rebase wip-ppc64le onto core-updates while working out the last few powerpc64le-linux issues, then merge wip-ppc64le into core-updates, and then merge core-updates into master. I've taken care to only include in wip-ppc64le those commits that are relevant to the porting effort. Although there are some minor commits on wip-ppc64le that could be cherry-picked onto master, I'm not sure it's necessary or particularly helpful to go out of our way to do that right now. I would prefer to just finish the wip-ppc64le branch, merge it into core-updates, and then merge core-updates into master. Efraim Flashner writes: > As noted in another thread this would involve updating gcc to gcc-8. > There are some other patches which could go straight into master (I'm > looking at libelf specifically, probably others), but glibc and > gcc/libstdc++ I'm not sure how to do those ones. > > Actually, looking at the branch there's also findutils-boot0, but that > can be changed to only be for target-powerpc for now and changed in > core-updates. I have a similar one I had to do for binutils on > powerpc-linux that I managed to make not affect other architectures. The libelf fix (b13ba3e gnu: libelf: Fix compilation for powerpc64le-linux) could go to master, but it's a no-op for all systems other than powerpc64le-linux. Since nobody is using the powerpc64le-linux port yet, there is no need for that change to go to master at this time. The findutils-boot0 fix (f4cbd18 gnu: commencement: Fix findutils-boot0 on some systems) fixes findutils-boot0 not only for powerpc64le-linux, but for any system that does not use glibc-mesboot (i.e., any system other than x86_64-linux or i686-linux). We could limit the change to just fix it for powerpc64le-linux, but I think the other systems will need the fix, too. In short, I think it will be simplest to just merge wip-ppc64le into core-updates and then merge core-updates into master. -- Chris