Dear Guix, Due to an old Automake version (1.13), running the `./configure' phase on CentOS 7 fails with: > autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing > configure.ac:21: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and its use is discouraged. > configure.ac:21: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro instead, > configure.ac:21: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your Makefile.am files. > Makefile.am:422: warning: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but 'po' not in SUBDIRS > automake: error: cannot open < ./%D%/guix.texi: No such file or directory > autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1 (It does not replace %D% with the appropriate directory..) The attached patch replaces each instance of %D%, which I believe stands for the current subdirectory from the project root, with the appropriate directory. With these changes, I've been able to compile GNU Guix on CentOS 7. I am not sure how this change impacts custom configure options, so I would like to ask someone with more Automake knowledge and experience to elaborate on the possible downsides of applying this patch. If this change is acceptable to the project, I will update the commit message to a more detailed and conforming message. Suggestions are welcome here though. What do you think about making Guix compilable on this "stable" distribution? :-) Thanks! Kind regards, Roel Janssen