Hi Ludo, Ludovic Courtès writes: > Chris Marusich skribis: > >> Ludovic Courtès writes: >> >>> Square brackets are used for conditionals, but I also use them for >>> nested entities. I’m pretty sure I didn’t make it up, but I don’t know >>> where I took it from! >> >> I didn't realize that. It makes sense, though! Is using it for nested >> entities a common GNU ChangeLog idiom? > > It is in Guile and Guix, but that doesn’t count. ;-) > > We’d need to look for projects not written in C where there’s actual > nesting (GNU C nested functions are rarely used, except in glibc.) I see. That's fair, since Guile and Guix are not the entire world. >> If so, I wonder if it's worth adding it to the GNU Standards document. > > Maybe, though be aware that attempting to change the Standards can be > time-consuming and frustrating… I can imagine. Maybe it isn't worth expending the effort for something that seems so trivial, especially since as you mentioned we would need to be able to point to a lot of projects and say, "They do it, too." I'm content just knowing how it's used in Guile and Guix! Thank you. -- Chris