Pjotr Prins writes: > On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 12:19:42PM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote: >> 1: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/en_US/2019/41.html >> 2: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/en_US/2019/42.html > > I think it would be useful to show a rolling report of upgraded/added > packages. We used to have the mailing list for that and now debbugs. That sounds like something that should be possible with the Guix Data Service, I've added a timeline style table for package versions on a branch (e.g. [1]), and it's possible to compare revisions to see the changes, but it should be possible to construct a page that gives the changes for multiple revisions. 1: http://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/guix > A simple page that can be reloaded to see the latest with version info > and link outs to the builds would be rather useful. Then, on a weekly > basis, create an overiew. So the Guix Data Service doesn't currently know about builds, but this is something I'm looking to change [2], as it opens lots of new possibilities. Including creating a page as you describe. 2: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-10/msg00467.html > Not only good for humans, also good for search engines. I find the > current package list https://guix.gnu.org/packages/ pretty useful, but > I would like a search function because one keeps clicking to find a > certain package. So as Pierre points out, there is the Guix-HPC package search. The Guix Data Service also contains a search function (e.g. [3]). 3: http://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/latest-processed-revision/packages If there's a need to keep the website as static content, maybe the JavaScript approach used by the Guix-HPC site could be used on the Guix Website. It should also be possible to use the Guix Data Service information for a search feature. Otherwise, maybe there could be a search box on the Guix Website, but it links to packages.guix.gnu.org, which is a package search service (which doesn't have to be part of the static website). > May also be an idea to provide links throught the guix CLI, such as > > https://guix.gnu.org/packages/alsa-lib-1.1.9/ What were you thinking people might use this for? Thanks, Chris