On 2019-05-28, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: > On 2019-05-16, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: >> So in a bit of a focused run of packaging, I've been chasing the >> dependency chain necessary to get guix building on Debian: Summary: all the dependencies are in Debian! >> * guile-gnutls needs to be (re)enabled in libgnutls*: >> >> https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/gnutls > > Proposed a patch to re-enable: > > https://bugs.debian.org/905272#29 Which has since been fixed and guile-gnutls is again available in Debian! >> * guile-json needs to be updated to version 1.2.0 (3.x is incompatible), >> and I've pushed wip branches updating packaging for new upstream >> versions: >> >> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/guile-json > > Updated to 1.2.0 in Debian experimental. A little awkward not updating > to the newest upstream version, but hopefully that won't last forever... Guix has since switched to guile-json 3.x, which is now in Debian. >> * I've gotten some packaging for guile-git, guile-gcrypt, guile-ssh and >> guile-sqlite3 which need some more polish and then uploading to >> Debian: >> >> https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/guile-gcrypt >> https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/guile-sqlite3 ... >> https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/guile-ssh All Debian for a few months now! >> * guile-git required scheme-bytestructures, which I've packaged, and >> needs to be uploaded before guile-git can be: >> >> https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/scheme-bytestructures > > Uploaded and waiting in NEW for review: > > https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/scheme-bytestructures_1.0.5-1.html scheme-bytestructures went through NEW a while back and... The guile-git package just landed in Debian a few days ago, which was the last missing build-dependency! > It still needs a way to get the bootstrap binaries (bash, mkdir, tar and > xz) from Guix; right now they're binaries shipped in the source! > Ludovic Courtès worked on a patch that would in theory download those at > run-time, but that is not yet working... Since been solved in guix master branch, yay! > Bootstrapping the system with MES is also WIP in Guix, and it might be > possible to build identical bootstrap binaries using MES in Debian at > some point: > > https://bugs.debian.org/902174 I've made some progress on packaging MES as well, but I'm not sure we want to wait till that's done to upload to Debian... > The guix packaging for Debian also has a small number of test failures, > at least one of which simply needs to be disabled because it accesses > the network (which violates Debian policy). The test failures seem a bit larger on this most recent pass. > Also needs some updates to the packaging to get the guix-daemon running > out of the box, for which there's a provided systemd service, and adding > some guixbuild users, which shouldn't be too hard. Working on that now... live well, vagrant