Josh Marshall writes: > I'm trying to package watchman and have been poking at it for some weeks. > Things are getting a little large and more dependent packages are needed. > And this is still a spin off from me trying to update django which will > cause another huge backlog of package updates and additions. I'd like some > more official way to track what code needs packaging and in what order. Is > there something for this? I sympathise, both with the rabbit hole you're going down, but also the issue around tracking all the work and interdependencies. My personal advice would be to file some bugs on debbugs.gnu.org against the guix-patches package, which is the approach for tracking patch submissions. Even if you don't have a patch to send yet, but are working on one, it still might be useful to have a bug open, as that indicates to others that there might be a patch available soon. You can mark bugs as "More information needed", which I've been using at least to categorise bugs that lack a patch, or where the patch won't be ready to merge for a little while. You can also mark one bug as blocking another. I'm also personally interested in getting Django 2 and 3 in to Guix, so let me know how that's going :) Thanks, Chris