Hi, Indeed, that was discussed at length but we still need to reach a consensus :) I personally disagree with the --export-manifest suggestion (which may be one of the reasons why this is stalling :p). Links to the related discussions (lots to read in there!): - Store channel specification in profile: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-11/msg00464.html In particular, from there: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-02/msg00047.html While I'm at it, Ludo, if you want to continue the discussion, we've left it on Feb 25th with this question from me to you: > I didn't understand from your previous message which downside you find > to embedding the specifications.scm file. It would save efforts to the > user and be more systematic, in the sense that it gives a guarantee to > the user that a specifications.scm corresponds to a profile. This last > point, I believe, is crucial. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/