Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes: > Ludovic Courtès 写道: >> Like Efraim wrote, the person who makes the release (I’m afraid >> it’ll be >> me) needs to be able to offload to a “trustworthy” machine for that >> platform. > > Define trustworthy? The project has access to an 8-core POWER9 VM > from OSUOSL, currently running Debian, to which efraim, lle-bout, > vincele, and me have root access. That would probably work. My understanding is that because we cannot install Guix from an existing release binary, somebody will need to manually build Guix on that machine first, for offloading to work. I can help with this. Ludovic Courtès writes: > If we can do that, we should adjust the ‘release’ target in > ‘Makefile.am’ to do that. > > However, since we won’t be providing substitutes, we should label it as > “technology preview” in the manual (info "(guix) GNU Distribution"). OK! I was planning to add some commits to update the docs, anyway. I can do those two tasks. Additionally, I plan to finally merge wip-ppc64le-for-master to master later today. I'll send a note when that's done. -- Chris