On Wed, Jul 21 2021, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Xinglu Chen writes: > >> Thank you for bringing this up! I posted a WIP patch for adding >> GHC >> 8.10 a while ago, but nobody showed any interest[1]. >> >> I don’t have any experience with updating the Haskell toolchain >> in Guix, >> but I think it would be great to have a separate branch for >> updating the >> haskell-build-system and Haskell packages. :) >> >> [1]: https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/87o8cgfbg1.fsf@yoctocell.xyz/ > > It would be good to send this to guix-patches@gnu.org instead of > guix-devel. Please also see the Contributing section in the > manual. I asked on guix-devel to see if anybody was interested in an Haskell update; I just attached a WIP patch to see if anyone would be interested in helping out, since I didn’t really know where to start. Sending it to guix-patches would make it more likely to be forgotten since it is a higher-volume list. Now that more people have showed interest, I recently sent a patch for it to guix-patches[1]. I still have to address some failing tests before it’s ready to merge. :) [1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49606