On 2022-06-09, Arun Isaac wrote: > Hi Vagrant, > >> But there's one nervous-making issue this revealed; maradns embeds a >> random number at build time ... allegedly for systems that don't have >> /dev/urandom... see >> maradns-3.5.0020/deadwood-3.5.0020/src/Makefile.ubuntu2004: >> >> # Since some systems may not have /dev/urandom (Windows, *cough* *cough*), we >> # keep a randomly generated prime around >> >> So it's got some code to generate a random number at build time and >> embed it in the binary. Now, if there's anything I know about good >> practices about random numbers, this sort of thing is generally a very >> large red flag! It also makes the package build differently every >> time! > > Wow, great find! Has this issue been reported to maradns upstream? If > upstream fixes it or provides us a compile flag to disable this > "feature", it would be even better in the long run. That does sound like the best long-term approach, definitely! Will take the issue upstream... live well, vagrant