On 2023-12-03, Efraim Flashner wrote: > On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 11:58:57AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: >> On 2023-11-18, Herman Rimm wrote: >> > * gnu/local.mk: Register image. >> > * gnu/system/images/orangepi-r1-plus-lts-rk3328.scm: New file. >> > * gnu/system/install.scm (orangepi-r1-plus-lts-rk3328-installation-os): >> > New variable. >> >> I guess this opens in my mind a larger question of how many images do we >> want to build out-of-the-box? >> >> Building images for every (ARM) board variant possibly supported in guix >> might not be sustainable in the long term... this could easily become >> hundreds of images. How big is each image? >> >> On the other hand, most of the images for a given architecture will >> share much of the work between them, as most of the individual packages >> used to build each image are the same. >> >> Not having CI build each and every image is one approach... although >> then you might not notice when an individual image breaks. > > Do we normally build all the images in (gnu system images)? There seems > to be a large number of different file-system offsets needed for > different boards. I suppose we could standardize on a larger size that > would take care of most of them, but until something is setup to make it > possible I'm not sure it's possible to support them for Guix System > without also adding an OS config for the offsets for the root file > system. From a quick look, ci.guix.gnu.org builds pinebook-pro-barebones-raw-image, pine64-barebones-raw-image, novena-barebones-raw-image ... but I could not find an image for rock64 ... so I am not sure what is built by CI out of the box. live well, vagrant