unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: John Kehayias <john.kehayias@protonmail.com>
To: Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org, hutzdog <hutzdog@proton.me>,
	Hilton Chain <hako@ultrarare.space>
Subject: Re: Packaging Hyprland
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 02:09:01 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Efraim,

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 12:42 PM, Efraim Flashner wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 10:32:29PM +0000, John Kehayias wrote:
>> Slightly off topic, but for anyone wondering about my emacs keys issue:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 04:01 PM, John Kehayias wrote:
>>
>> > Seems xremap can do it (which we have packaged) except it doesn't
>> > pick up different applications for where keys apply on Hyprland. I
>> > do miss in Stump how easy that was right in the config.
>>
>> It does work! Slight difficulty since I had already set capslock to
>> control in my Hyprland settings (via xkb I believe). So I still had to
>> map capslock to control in xremap as well, and then the provided
>> example of emacs keybindings works (with the modification that on my
>> system at least it is 'emacs' (lowercase) for the application name to
>> make sure xremap doesn't apply there as well.)
>>
>> Guess I can continue with Hyprland!
>
> The README and Cargo.toml disagree about what commands to call, but I
> can add a hyprland variant of the xremap package if there's interest.

Yeah, I'm not sure the difference of xremap wlroots or hyprland
variant. I'm just using our packaged wlroots one and it is working
great now. I suppose we should add the hyprland one, at least when we
have hyprland. Thanks in advance Efraim!

On the xremap side, a service would be great, and luckily we have one
pending: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66932>.

John