Hi there, I am new to this list. I am already monitoring the progress of guix for some months. I really like the idea behind it (I am a longterm emacs user). At the moment I have installed guix on one of my Ubuntu machines. I jump in with the description of the tool ifstatus. I am not sure where to put it in the package tree. So I started with a single file. The package needs a simple patch (add #include ). I decided to do it using substitute*... I hope ifstatus will be integrated as guix package. Stefan.