Hello Daniel, Daniel Schäfer writes: > I'm still trying to figure out, how to run a single Guix system test > without building the entirety of Guix. > Does anybody do this? Has anybody written a Guix system test for > something not in Guix? Maybe a personal or work-related project. You only have to build the entirety of Guix once. Later invokations of "make check-system" will re-use the compiled modules from the previous "make" invokation, and only compile those that changed in the mean time. Note that 'run-basic-test' also builds a derivation of your Guix checkout to make it available in the VM. I suspect this is what you are referring to? For out-of-tree tests, you can try to hack 'gnu/tests.scm' and 'build-aux/run-system-tests.scm' to your needs. HTH!