Hi zimounn zimoun writes: > Hi, > > On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 at 19:29, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote: > >> P.S.: I also know there's the http://issues.guix.gnu.org/41732#7 >> "Implement a wrapper so users can build the Emacs packages using a >> version of their choosing" patch around, but it's for a different >> (expert) use case AFAIU > > Now this patch is superseded by . :-) > If I understand correctly #43578 (not yet really tested). Thanks for the update! If that's the case could you please add a comment in #41732 that points to #43538 explaining that it solves the use cases of #41732, possibly with some examples and/or a Coockbook section? Re the subject: do you think #43578 can help users in getting emacs-lucid starting from emacs? Do you have an example please? AFAIU having a public emacs-lucid in Guix master is a better solution for users, but I may be missing something! :-D Happy hacking! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures