Tanguy Le Carrour writes: > I've been happily working with Poetry to manage my Python projects, but > now, for the first time, I would like to package one of those projects > for Guix. > > The Python packages I build do not contain any tests or specs, because > to me, they don't belong there. But, I need those tests to make sure > that my package works with the versions of the dependencies available on > Guix. > > The problem is that the source code that I fetch from the git repository > contains the test, but does not contain a `setup.py` file –because Poetry > does not use it!—, and the `python-build-system` fails. > > I haven't wrap my head around this yet and I'm not sure what would be > the proper way to do it? Write a `python-poetry-build-system`? I hope not! > Just put the d**n tests in the Python package? This would look like a > failure to me! :-( > > Any thought, help, guidance welcome! Thanks! :-) My first thought, is what would it require for the existing python-build-system to detect and support building the things you describe? I haven't used Poetry myself, have you got a project that can be used as an example? It looks like the python-build-system already has some functionality that's dependent on the use-setuptools? argument.