Pierre Neidhardt writes: > Nicolò Balzarotti writes: > > What wouldn't be the case? If you mean that "gzip is never the best > choice", wouldn't Zstd outperform gzip on the Raspberry Pi 1 too? My bad, you are right. Also, memory usage shoudn't be a problem. gzip uses way less (testd on ungoogled chromium, I get ~16kb peak heap size for gzip, 8Mb for zstd and 32Mb for lzip), but I'd expect guix to be running on systems with more than 8Mb of memory. Just for reference, here's the memory profiling script