Tomas Volf <~@wolfsden.cz> writes: > On 2024-02-06 13:09:15 +0100, Clément Lassieur wrote: >> Hi! Why is it more complicated with services? You don't need forks at >> all to use packages and services outside of Guix proper. > > For packages we have transformations, or I can just inherit. But I am not aware > of such option for services (is there anything?). Service composition? (info "(guix) Service Composition") [...] > Example: For long time the connman-configuration did not support a way to > provide a configuration file (well, it still does not but that is not the > point). But I needed it. So, what options I had? I still have not had a try but maybe is possible to define something like my/connman-service-type that extends the default one with all the fields a user may need. Maybe a Coockbook section could be useful Happy hacking! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures