ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > With Benno being OK, we should start looking at implementing the change. > The various parts that I can think of are: > > • Having a ‘package-description-string’ procedure that would return > the description rendered as a string, using the (stexi) modules. > > • ‘--search’ could use the raw description (including markup). > However, ‘package->recutils’ must use ‘package-description-string’ > or similar. Here is a first attempt. It doesn't feel right to me but fornow I don't know what to do without duplicating code or reorganizing the world. The problem is that translations are handle in (guix ui) so we need to regenerate texi->plain-text.