ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hello Guix! > > In case you missed it, GuixSD now supports LUKS-encrypted root > partitions, finally! > > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21843#48 > > And there’s a system test, which can also serve as an example for people > who want to test it: > > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/tests/install.scm#n392 > > The test is pretty fun because it resorts to OCR on QEMU screenshots to > determine when it can enter the passphrase (when booting the installed > system). > > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/tests/install.scm#n456 > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/build/marionette.scm#n177 > > It should turn green on Hydra when it gets to run it: > > https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/test.encrypted-root-os.x86_64-linux > > In the meantime, you can always run: > > make check-system TESTS=encrypted-root-os > > Now we need documentation. Petter had submitted a patch back in > February(!) so I guess I’ll start from there and see if any adjustments > need to be made. > > Feedback welcome! > > Ludo’. Wow! This is super cool! Using OCR is a neat idea. It looks simpler to implement than I would have imagined it might be. Thank you for continuing to pave the way for system tests. Is anyone actively working on documenting the new encrypted root stuff? If not, I'm happy to try my hand at it. I'm interested in trying to set it up on my laptop, anyway. -- Chris