Hi Ludo, ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hello Alex, > > Alex Vong skribis: > >> I think we should remove the ones not defined in (guix build utils) and >> provide 'package-name-version' as alias for 'strip-store-file-name' in >> (guix build utils). What do you think? > > I think we can simply keep ‘strip-store-file-name’, without the alias, > and modify existing code to use it. > OK. > (That may trigger a lot of rebuilds though, so we’ll have to see which > branch to apply it to.) > > Thanks for noticing! > You're welcomed! > Ludo’. Btw, I also noticed that the procedure 'flatten' are defined in (gnu services telephony), (gnu services web) and (guix import utils). [I was about to define my own version of it...] I like the version using 'fold-right' together with 'match-lambda*' the most. Should we move it (guix build utils) and remove the rest? Similarly, 'file-sans-extension' are defined in both (guix utils) and (guix build guile-build-system). They are both the same. Should we move them to (guix build utils) as well?