Guillaume Le Vaillant writes: > The ':implementation-type' or ':function' keywords of ASDF > configuration files described in [1] and [2] could be useful to do that. > > Now, let's suppose that we put the sources in cl-xyz, the SBCL > pre-compiled files in cl-xyz:sbcl and the ECL pre-compiled files in > cl-xyz:ecl. > If a user installs only cl-xyz (the sources) and loads the system using > SBCL or ECL, I think he would expect the lisp implementation to compile > the thing and store the compiled files in the default > '$HOME/.cache/common-lisp/...' location, because he didn't install the > pre-compiled files. > So we would need the ASDF output-translation configuration to be able to > say something like: "if the pre-compiled files for the running lisp > implementation exist in '/gnu/store/...' and if the Guix package for > these pre-compiled files is installed in the current profile or > environment, then use them, else use the default > $HOME/.cache/common-lisp/...' directory". > > I guess cl-xyz:sbcl and cl-xyz:ecl would also need to have links to the > ASDF configuration and to the sources in cl-xyz, in case the user > installs only cl-xyz:sbcl or only cl-xyz:ecl. Agreed on all points! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/