Hi, I've noticed that the emacs package only supports x86_64-linux, at least on core-updates. Is that intended? I noticed because it caused "make check" to fail on the wip-ppc64le branch (which is based on core-updates). I fixed one failing test on the wip-ppc64le branch by using coreutils instead of emacs in the test: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=wip-ppc64le&id=1900a6227e99427cf3b28a86dbbee2c55f375f8c I suspect that - on core-updates, at least - Guix does not currently pass its "make check" test suite on any system other than x86_64-linux. I would like to cherry-pick the above fix onto core-updates. However, before doing that, I wanted to check on this list to see if anyone knew anything about the current situation. Is it intended that the emacs package only supports x86_64-linux? As for the cause, it looks like one contributing factor might be the rust package. It was recently added to the transitive closure of inputs of emacs. The rust package explicitly declares x86_64-linux as its only supported system. This restriction percolates up to emacs, and indeed to any other package that contains rust in its transitive closure of inputs. However, as of 1ced8379c7641788fa607b19b7a66d18f045362b, emacs did not contain rust in its transitive closure of inputs, so the change must have happened in some commit after that. It would be nice if someday the rust package could support more systems. However, my primary goal here is just to get Guix to build and pass its tests on powerpc64le-linux. Getting things like rust and emacs to work after that will be another challenge. -- Chris