unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* licensing problem with "On Lisp" and code from a github gist
@ 2021-04-22 13:35 Giovanni Biscuolo
From: Giovanni Biscuolo @ 2021-04-22 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

we have a couple of issues with a new proposed interesting package:
Weir, written in Common Lisp.

This is the proposed patch:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/47943

There are a couple of problems:

1. the code from the book "On Lisp" by Paul Graham is not free software
(AFAIU): please any Common Lisp programmes can tell us (ehrm, upstream
actually) if the "On Lisp" code has been "superseded" by some proper cl
library?

2. the code from this gist is included upstream:
The code referenced in 3. is suggested by lispm in
https://gist.github.com/inconvergent/8b6ccfbde4fca7844c1962082ef07a7e
and AFAIU is not a trivial patch and the license is not stated, so
should be "Full Copyright".

Please see the issue tracker for details.

WDYT?

Thanks, Giovanni.

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: licensing problem with "On Lisp" and code from a github gist
@ 2021-04-23 18:05 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2021-04-23 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Biscuolo, guix-devel