Hi, zimoun writes: [...] >> All in all, it’s probably not as worrisome as it first seems. However, >> it’s worth keeping in mind when reviewing a package. > > I agree with a minor comment. From my opinion, not enough patches are > going via guix-patches and are pushed directly. > > For instance, the «Commit policy» section says «For patches that just > add a new package, and a simple one, it’s OK to commit, if you’re > confident (which means you successfully built it in a chroot setup, and > have done a reasonable copyright and license auditing).» > > And from my point of view, new packages should *always* go via > guix-patches, wait 15 days, then push if no remark. It lets the time > for the community to chime in. And if not, it just slows down for 2 > weeks. I agree with Simon, the policy to add new packages should be changed as he proposes. Thanks! Giovanni -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures