Hi Andreas, Andreas Enge writes: > Am Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 10:20:27AM +0100 schrieb Josselin Poiret: >> The project does seem functional, they just seem to not care about >> making new releases, since they direct users to official builds of HEAD >> [1]. Maybe we could just point there as well? >> [1] https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/discussions/679 > > Well, I am loath to this attitude "just take the latest master", and it is > not what we normally do. A software writer cannot expect distros (nor end > users, as they seem to prefer) to follow each and every of their commits. > And it does not reflect well on their quality assurance processes if they > are unable to single out a commit from time to time that has undergone more > thorough scrutiny. > > That said, if just backporting one fix does not solve the problem, we may > have to go this route... I agree with you, but given that upstream has already closed a discussion on this topic with a clear stance, I don't really want to re-open anything. We could go with that solution for now? -- Josselin Poiret