Manolis Ragkousis writes: > Hello hackers, > > Justus tried to build Guix on his Hurd machine and he found out that > even though we disable (guix build syscalls) from building when > sys/mount.h is not present, it still tries to build it. > > As I found out, (guix utils) module uses the syscalls module so that's > why it still tried to build it. That's why I followed a different approach. > I delayed the evaluation of ptr and proc on mount, umount, swapon, etc. > and it builds now. > > WDYT? If you agree with the change I will push it to wip-hurd and/or > master. The last time this issue was raised, in August 2015, I came up with another approach to accomplish the same goal, but without any per-call overhead. I vaguely recall proposing it, but I don't remember where or what came of it. I've attached it below. Mark