Pjotr Prins writes: > guix environment guix will only work if the daemon is up-to-date > (right?). I had to get that upgrade sorted, that was the pain. I think "guix environment guix" should drop you into an environment where the guix package's inputs are available, regardless of what version of the daemon you're using. What matters most is the guix package definition, since it determines the inputs. Of course, using a version of guix (the package definition, or the supporting Guile code) that is far removed in time from the Guix source you're trying to compile will make it less likely to succeed. I recall having quite a hard time trying to compile Guix 0.14.0 from source using a "guix environment guix" environment that was built by a Guix from an old version, something around 0.10.0 or so. Too much changed. Likewise, using a guix-daemon from sufficiently far in the past or future (compared to the guix client-side code you're running) might also cause problems. However, since the guix-daemon and the protocols it uses change less frequently, it's less likely to cause problems. > With regards to guile-sqlite3 it was a path that was missing. Maybe it > got corrected in later versions and I was just unlucky. Glad to hear you got it working! -- Chris