ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: [...] > Yes, this was the topic of a GSoC project by Jelle Licht (Cc’d). But > don’t hold your breath: as Chris Webber explained, the npm situation is > very hard to address sanely: > > http://dustycloud.org/blog/javascript-packaging-dystopia/ (semi OT: today Debian ships a recent jquery 3.2.1) I'm not an expert in js (nor guix) packaging so I'm not able to judge this: https://spin.atomicobject.com/2016/12/16/reproducible-builds-npm-yarn/ is yarn a viable solution to the NPM packaging problems? can we achieve reproducible builds ala guix with a yarn importer and some amount of yarn packages downloading/automation and offline mirroring? Ciao Giovanni P.S.: why -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures