Hello Mark, thank you for your interest. Mark H Weaver writes: [...] >> IMHO it's useful to have emacs-lucid in official Guix, with subsitutes >> available for end users (I'm not using emacs in daemon mode over X11 >> over SSH for fear of chrashes). > > FYI, our 'emacs-no-x-toolkit' package has a closure size of 390.9 MiB > and does _not_ have the Gtk bug described above. That's why I use it. Yes I know that emacs version, I'm also considering using it (I do not remember why I decided I needed an X toolkit... I should just try). > Are there additional benefits to 'emacs-lucid' that are not already > addressed by 'emacs-no-x-toolkit'? emacs-lucid would have an X toolkit that does not crash the daemon when remotely connecting, some people like to have that (an X tookit I mean) even if usually it's not strictly needed. > I'm not necessarily opposed to adding another Emacs variant, but I > don't yet understand the motivation. Help some users avoid experiencing "the bug", but I understand that probably the use base for emacs-lucid is tiny. Thanks! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures