Konrad Hinsen writes: > Taking coreutils as a test case, it displays: > > gnu/packages/base.scm:328:2 Right, it's not guaranteed to match the channel name, but it's usually enough to deduce it. I meant something like: λ guix show nicecat | grep ^location location: nckx/packages/gnuzilla.scm:105:2 Because my channel uses (nckx packages ...) module names. Most channels do something similar. If you're using a third-party channel that shadows (clobbers?) the (gnu packages ...) namespace, I'm not sure what you could do. Kind regards, T G-R