unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* ci.guix.gnu.org and associated services downtime
@ 2022-11-10 21:42 Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2022-11-10 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

There is currently an outage with Berlin, which hosts the build farm,
the web site, the issue tracker and a host of other Guix services.

Simply rebooting the machine doesn't fix it and it seems it may has to
do with the disk controller or the disk itself, so sadly it seem it'll
take some before it can be brought back up and running.

Maxim

* Re: ci.guix.gnu.org and associated services downtime
@ 2022-11-21 19:12 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-11-21 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer, guix-devel

Hi Maxim,

I am replying a bit late…

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 16:42, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is currently an outage with Berlin, which hosts the build farm,
> the web site, the issue tracker and a host of other Guix services.

…but thanks for the notification.  I read it on time and it avoid me
some annoyance. :-)

> Simply rebooting the machine doesn't fix it and it seems it may has to
> do with the disk controller or the disk itself, so sadly it seem it'll
> take some before it can be brought back up and running.

I hope all is now fixed.

Cheers,
simon

* Re: ci.guix.gnu.org and associated services downtime
@ 2022-11-21 20:16   ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2022-11-21 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun; +Cc: guix-devel

> Hi Maxim,
>
> I am replying a bit late…
>
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 16:42, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There is currently an outage with Berlin, which hosts the build farm,
>> the web site, the issue tracker and a host of other Guix services.
>
> …but thanks for the notification.  I read it on time and it avoid me
> some annoyance. :-)

Glad it was useful.

>> Simply rebooting the machine doesn't fix it and it seems it may has to
>> do with the disk controller or the disk itself, so sadly it seem it'll
>> take some before it can be brought back up and running.
>
> I hope all is now fixed.

It is!  There was a failure with a backing device of the large SAN
array.

Maxim